Thursday, November 17, 2011

Neighbors Matter-Christmas Gifts That Will Mend Fences

Posted by The Cashmere Bunny at 2:51 PM

Every year I want to do something for my neighbors. We say hello and smile as we pass in the car, but not more then that. When I hear my parents talk about the relationships that they had with their neighbors years ago, I wish we could  bring some of that back.
Most of us jump in the car and run to the store and to the soccer game and then to the pick up the kids from swimming lessons. And the list goes on and on.
This year I am going to get some type of gift for my neighbors and let them  know that even though we are all running in different directions, we do have a  certain bond and though times have changed, neighbors are still important and we all need each other.
The biggest problem is what to get them. I need a cheap Christmas gift. I  tried looking on the computer for cheap Christmas gifts and nothing really  jumped out at me. Most Cheap Christmas gifts ideas seemed to be just that . I  wanted something that was special and said that they were important people to  us.
Now I am really not that crafty. I mean I can’t just knit up gloves for  everyone, or sew dish towels with their names on them, but I can cook so I came  up with the idea of making my favorite bread and then wrap in up with a cute bow  and add a recipe card and a note. Hear is the recipe I used,. It is easy and you  can make it ahead and freeze it so you won’t get in to a last minute crunch. 

SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf  pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon  cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas,  sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in  nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
Bake for 1 hour

0 comments on "Neighbors Matter-Christmas Gifts That Will Mend Fences"

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez