Saturday, October 24, 2009

Melt In Your Mouth Flavors From The Melting Pot

Posted by Anonymous at 6:03 AM
So this month was my 12th year wedding anniversary. We usually try to keep things simple because of our hectic schedules. This year we decided to try something new. There is a new restaurant in town called The Melting Pot. I heard about it from a friend but had my doubts. It is a fondue restaurant which I figured I could never get full on. Boy, was I wrong. If you have a location near you, it is worth a visit! The first Melting Pot sprung up in Florida with only three items on the menu. Since then, with the popularity of the fondue experience growing, they boast a four course dining experience with many varieties of flavors. The first course was a wonderful cheese fondue paired with green apples, bread, chips and a mix of fresh vegetables. This cheese fondue was heavenly. I particularly loved the sweetness of apples mixed with the tang of cheese. Delicious! Then came the wonderful salad greens with sliced almonds, fresh lettuce mix and a special blend of cheeses. The main course consisted of fillet Mignon, shrimp, chicken, flank steak, sausage and vegetables that we cooked right at our table with our choice of fondue broth. Lastly, was a delectable dessert consisting of chocolate, pecan and caramel fondue which we dipped pound cake, cheese cake, strawberries, marshmallows, rice krispie treats and brownies. What a treat! The entire dining experience took over 2 1/2 hours. If you are looking for a wonderful anniversary gift for your spouse, be sure to try The Melting Pot!

4 comments on "Melt In Your Mouth Flavors From The Melting Pot"

The Vintage Vignette on October 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM said...

WOW! Sounds delicious...I think I gained 10 pounds just by reading this post! :)

Anonymous said...

Me too! I have been having fondue dreams! :)

Frank McDonnell said...

We have a Melting Pot in our town. We went when it first opened and have been hooked since. We try and go once a year, it is a great place to hang out with our friends and children. We all love so much.

Kristy Nenverla said...

Wow... I think I just drooled...

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez