Friday, October 30, 2009

The Incredible Bullet Express

Posted by Anonymous at 1:49 PM
So it's official. I am an infomercial junkie. Something about a thirty minute commercial makes you believe everything they tell you! My recent purchase was the ever incredible Bullet Express (watch the infomercial here). For those of you who haven't heard of it, its the all purpose slice and dicer. They claim that you can prep meals in 8 meals or less. I had to have it! I found mine at Kohl's and figured I would give it a try. The machine comes with so many gadgets it took me a while before I got used to all of its features. It comes with a juicer attachment, grater, slicer and mixer. Last night I made the ultimate nachos listed in the cookbook. I loved that it grated an entire block of cheese in about two seconds. Awesome! What I didn't like was cleaning up cheese that flew all over my kitchen during the grating process. Same thing with lettuce, tomatoes and onions. The process is super quick but I think the system needs a better catch all system. The nachos were great and fast but clean up was not. I have yet to try the juicer or the mixer. I will keep you posted on my opinion when I attempt my first dessert. This is just my take on the incredible Bullet Express Machine.

10 comments on "The Incredible Bullet Express"

The Vintage Vignette on October 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM said...

I TOLD YOU THAT CHEESE WAS GONNA BE FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE! See what happens when you don't listen to your sister! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it did fly all over the kitchen but last night I made the BEST homemade pizza. It grated a whole block of mozzarella cheese in one second. It really does speed up the dinner prep time. I am warming up to my Bullet Express.

The Delightful Gourmet said...

This weekend I was on cupcake duty. I found myself making cupcakes for my daughter's first slumber party. Of course, I used my Bullet Express. It took literally seconds to mix all of the ingredients. I was very impressed.

Dora K. said...

My husband went out and bought me one of these for my birthday,(Was he trying to say something?) I must admit, making cheesecake 30 times easier with the Bullet Express, you really can make anything in just seconds!

Laura Morris on December 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM said...

Received my Bullet Express for Christmas. Can't wait to try it out this week. :)

Anonymous said...

I am searching reviews for the bullet express and have not seen many good ones, you have had yours for a while now, how is it working for you?
Does it still work?
Yes I was sucked into the infomerical also.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm from New Zealand and I ordered one off the tv as well, a bit dubious about the cost as I own a kitchen whizz and seperate blender which live in the bottom of my pantry! The recipes in the book are strictly american/ anyone got any smoothie ideas, biscuit or cake ideas? It wont fit on my bench and I did find it hard to clean after making a dough, there are so many bits and pieces. Are you still pleased with yours? I still dont know if I should keep it or return it - Louise D

Anonymous said...

I got mine at Kohls, and all I've used so far is the juicer. LOVE IT! Best juice I've ever had ... no more wasted fruit.

Anonymous said...

I give my Bullet Express a ***** (5 star) rating. The thing to remember before using butter, cheese, lard, or shortening in it is to freeze them for 15 minutes in a good freezer, before using them in the bullet express. I sure hope this helps Delightful Gourmet

Anonymous said...

i got suckered into the infomerical one day and bought it. a few weeks later i found it half the price at costco. i wish i had got a kitchen aid instead. when i make cakes, it tends to clump everything at the bottom. the only thing i like is how it can cut cheese really quick. i learned to not buy anything off infomericals again. also, the clip that holds the top unit of the machine is already broke off and if i don't rig it on, it wont turn on..

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez