Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Quick Taco Soup Recipe

Posted by Anonymous at 1:50 PM
















My good friend, Miss G. gave me this wonderful Taco Soup Recipe that is easy, healthy and family friendly.

My kids love this recipe so much that next time I make it I will double it up and have more leftovers.

We like to eat the soup the first night with Organic Corn Chips from Costco. On the second time around, we have drained the liquid and put it right on top of salad for a quick and nutritious Taco Salad. Miss G. says she like to use it the second night for tacos.

Don't be fooled by this simple recipe, it really tastes delicious.

Quick and Easy Taco Soup

1 lb of Ground Lean Turkey (you can use hamburger or shredded chicken, also)
1 Medium Onion
1 pkg Taco Mix
1 can Kidney beans (do not drain)
1 can Black Beans (do not drain)
1 can Corn (do not drain)
1 can Diced Tomatoes

Brown your meat and onions. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Then simmer until you are ready to eat.

For Garnishes:
Sliced Olives
Sour Cream
Corn Chips
Cilantro

I hope your family enjoys this as much as we do.

12 comments on "A Quick Taco Soup Recipe"

Kara N. said...

I can't wait to try this. My family will want cheese on it for sure.

Patty C. said...

This would be great with chorizo as well. I will try this and let you know what my family thinks.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Delightful Gourmet: A Quick Taco Soup Recipe" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

foodnrecipes.info Team

http://www.foodnrecipes.info

Caroline Perry said...

That's a great idea to use the same dish the second night! My husband hates left overs so this is a good way to "hide" the left over soup. :) Great recipe! Keep them coming.

Trish on June 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

This is a super yummy dish...I think I have been served this before but you know...I had lost the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!

Heidi on June 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

What a great looking soup. We love taco inspired meals at our house :)

The Delightful Gourmet said...

Hi Heidi,
I visited your blog. It is adorable. I love your retro graphic. That is exactly how I felt when I first began cooking. Very funny.

Lesley G. said...

Trish,
Your rosemary chicken looks really delicious. Do you take your own photos. Makes me want to get off my blog and go makes some chicken for lunch.

Stacey on June 21, 2009 at 6:00 AM said...

That looks delicious! Especially with the corn chips on top! Yum!

Astra Libris on June 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM said...

I just discovered your beautiful blog, and I'm so glad I did! Thank you for this gorgeous, healthful recipe!

The Delightful Gourmet said...

Hi Astra,
Just visited your blog. I never thought brocoli could look so good! :) Cool vegetable steamer. I need one of those.

Alisa@Foodista on June 25, 2009 at 2:08 AM said...

Delicious recipe.I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez