Monday, April 27, 2009

The Best Cookbook On The Planet

Posted by Anonymous at 10:06 AM
Years ago when I was working in the corporate world, I was visited by those traveling salesman that bring great toys, books and other household items directly to your workplace. I reluctantly purchased this cookbook and it was a great decision. There are so many delicious recipes with full color photos. My version has been used and abused but I always turn to this book when I want to impress my guests. So it is my pleasure to bring you the recipe that ALWAYS gives me rave reviews.

Kahlua Candied Yams may not sound like a rave review recipe but try them. You'll see. This recipe takes almost no time at all but the outcome makes you look like a prized gourmet chef. Every family gathering, people are asking me if I brought these yams. Mother's Day is just around the corner. If you are looking for a fast, time saving recipe. Try these and if you do, please share with us the outcome.


Kahlua Candied Yams:

  • 1 Can (1lb. 3 oz.) yams

  • 1/4 cup butter

  • 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

  • 1/4 cup Kahlua

Cut yams in serving size pieces. In heavy skillet, melt butter with sugar. Add Kahlua, cook 1 minute. Add yams, turn until brown on all sides. Cover. Reduce heat, cook for 15 minutes. Turn yams once more before serving. Makes 4-6 servings.

0 comments on "The Best Cookbook On The Planet"

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez