Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Best Things In Life Are Chocolatey

Posted by Anonymous at 9:38 AM
Childhood has its ups and downs but it definately has its perks when it comes to baking! One of my favorite memories as a kid was surrounding my mother, along with my brother and sister, waiting for the oppurtunity to lick the "beaters" while she was baking. The excitement was almost too much for a seven-year-old to handle. Of course, there is an entire unspoken heirarchy. My brother was older so he got to lick the batter filled spoon, my sister and I are twins so we got a beater each and the kid who helped out the most was the lucky winner of the batter bowl. No one dared mess with this arrangement for fear of not getting their share of baking perks. I am happy to pass this tradition to my daughter. She is fortunate to get the beaters and the bowl but mom still gets the spoon!




0 comments on "The Best Things In Life Are Chocolatey"

 

Delightful Gourmet Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez